核心价值观 of Howard Payne University
通过圣经, 神默示的话语, followers of Christ receive instruction in how He has called us to live for His glory. The expectation is that each Believer’s worldview is shaped by Scripture, influencing the manner in which Christians perceive and understand the world around them. 除了, the call to put into practice the Biblical teachings is not limited only to the lives of individuals; rather, Scripture should also be the foundation upon which the mission, 愿景, and practices of Howard Payne University are built.
The five core values presented below are based on God’s Word. 因此, the hope is that each one should reflect how every Howard Payne University employee views their vocational calling and performs the duties and responsibilities entailed by their role, but also in the daily activities of each University department, 部门, 和大学作为一个机构.
We believe and affirm that the University as an institution and each individual called to serve the Lord at Howard Payne should strive to demonstrate a commitment to these five 核心价值观:
1)以ebet真人娱乐厅. Col. 3:17,马特. 7:24
2)关注社区- cf. 弗. 彼前4:4-6. 3:8
3)召唤服务- cf. 马可福音10:45，菲尔. 2:3-5
4)追求卓越- cf. 创. 林前1:31. 9:24
5)致力于管理- cf. 创. 彼前2:15. 4:10
Seeking to eng年龄 the life of the mind and the life of the Spirit, Howard Payne University affirms that:
- God is the loving creator of all things and the author of all truth;
- Because God is the author of all truth, open inquiry is an act of intellect and of faith and is to be wholly embraced;
- Because open inquiry is an act of intellect and of faith, such efforts must proceed from rigorous academic standards and genuine commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord;
- For open inquiry to contain rigorous academic standards and genuine Christian commitment, there must be at all times a supportive learning environment that affirms human dignity for all as created in the im年龄 of God; and
- Committing oneself to the teachings of Jesus will result in Christ-centered, God-honoring and humanity-serving life choices characterized by honesty, 完整性, healthy lifestyles and personal responsibility.
Undergirding and inextricably intertwined in the core values of the university is the affirmation of traditional Christian and Baptist beliefs.
- The Bible is the divinely inspired record of God’s revelation of Himself to humanity. Holy Scripture has God for its author, salvation for its end and truth without any mixture of error for its content. The Bible is the true center of Christian union and the supreme standard by which all human conduct should be evaluated.
Scripture: Exodus 24:4; Deuteronomy 4:1-2, 17:18-19; Joshua 1:8; Psalm 119:11, 105; Isaiah 40:8; Matthew 5:17-18; John 5:39, 17:17; Acts 17:11; Romans 15:4; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; Hebrews 4:12; 1 Peter 1:24-25; 2 Peter 1:19-21
- There is only one God and He has chosen to reveal Himself through the Trinity: Father, 圣子与圣灵. God is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent.
Scripture: 创esis 1:1-2; Exodus 6:2-3, 20:1-6; Deuteronomy 6:4; 1 Samuel 10:6, 11:6; 1 Chronicles 29:10-12; Psalms 19:1, 24:1, 51:11, 73:24-26; Isaiah 43:3, 43:15,64:8; Jeremiah 10:10; Amos 4:13; Matthew 6:9, 7:11, 28:19; Mark 1:9-11; John 1:1-18, 4:24, 5:19-47, 14:1-30,17:1-8; Acts 1:7-8; Romans 8:14-16; 1 Corinthians 8:6; Galatians 4:6; 弗esians 4:6; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-3; 1 John 4:2, 4:13, 4:14-15, 5:7
- The sacredness of humanity is evident in that all people are created in the im年龄 of God and that Christ died for everyone; therefore every person possesses dignity and is worthy of respect and Christian love. 通过自由意志的行使, 人类得罪了上帝, resulting in separation from God and the introduction of sin into the human race. With a nature and environment inclined to sin, those capable of moral action become transgressors and are under condemnation.
经文:创世记1:26-30,1:31,2:7, 2:18-22,9:6; Psalm 1:1-6, 8:3-6; Isaiah 6:5, 53:6; Ezekiel 18:20; Romans 1:19-32, 3:10-18, 3:23; 弗esians 2:10
- 给n humanity’s need for redemption, God provided a way for every person to be reconciled to God. The only plan of salvation is by Grace through faith in the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ.
经文:马太福音1:21, 16:21-26; John 3:16, 17-18, 10:10, 14:6; Romans 1:16-17, 6:23, 8:1; 弗esians 2:8-9; 1 John 1:7-9, 4:9-10